From low-carb frittata for breakfast to make the most of your dairies in your meals, there is so much you can do with the keto diet if you have the right recipes. All you have to do is be creative, and you will be surprised at what you will come up with. To get you started with your day, we are going to share our wonder keto cinnamon cereal.
With the low-carb cinnamon crunch breakfast recipe we are about share with you, you no longer have to worry about your cereal getting soggy. It is thoughtfully made from toasted nuts and seeds — making it low carb, high fat, and super “easy” to make.
If you are a fan and lover of cereals for breakfast, switching to a keto diet can be challenging. However, opting for a low-carb keto recipe is best for your body as it is made from healthy ingredients.
Our keto cereal recipe can cater to up to 18 serves of either 60g/2oz in 1 serving or half serving with as little as 2g net carbs. You can store keto cereal in an airtight container in cooler climates or the refrigerator in warm climates regarding storage.
Also, read Perfect Recipe For Keto Whipped Cream
Interestingly you can keep your keto cinnamon granola cereal in a cool place, maybe in your pantry or refrigerator, for at least two weeks.
What ingredients do you need for keto cinnamon cereal?
To make this astonishing keto cereal, you will need:
- Unsweetened shredded coconut — 1 cup
- Unsweetened coconut flakes — 1 cup
- Half cup (1/2) cup of flaked almonds
- 1/2 cups of flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup of Pepitas
- 1/3 cup of ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of granulated Erythritol
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
How to make keto breakfast cereal
Here is a guide to help you get started.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius or 300 Fahrenheit
- Pour all the ingredients into a mixing bowl until they are uniform.
- Spread the mixture evenly over a lined cookies sheet
- Allow to bake for at least 25 minutes and stir every 5 minutes to prevent it from getting burned. Keep a close tab on the food until it turns golden brown and toasted.
- Once everything is well toasted and has a golden brown color, bring the cereal out and let it cool completely before you proceed to store it in an airtight container.
What is the nutritional value of this keto cereal?
This keto cereal (as described above) has the following nutritional value — 7g Carbohydrates, 4g protein, 17g fat, and 10g saturated fat. Other nutrients include sodium and potassium, which come in at 6mg and 160mg respectively, 5g of fiber, 51mg of calcium, and 1g of both vitamin C and Iron.
Hopefully, you have learned a thing or two about keto cereal and how you can make a healthy choice of low-carb ingredients. Suppose you are looking for keto cereal alternatives; you can try our keto frittata recipe for breakfast or try some keto bread.