Taking care of your skin, especially your face is important for so many reasons. First of all, one of the clear signs of healthy skin is a natural glow. However, things like stress, ageing, too little sleep, and even your diet could be contributing factors to dull and tired-looking skin.
The good news however is that with adequate care, you can transform or even restore your skin to its natural radiance.
It is however important to note that because the skin is different in every individual, the time that it will take to get the full effects of the treatments might take some time for different people, so be patient. Also, it is imperative to check with your dermatologist or esthetician to know which products work well with your skin type which you can use to get the best results.
Let us dive into the tips to give you the best skin, especially on your face:
- Establish a routine that works: Skincare is not only about products, it is also about a routine that works for your skin type. Some people require a morning routine and a night routine because their skin requires a little more care. Some others can have a one-step routine and still have healthy glowing skin. The earlier you speak to your dermatologist or esthetician the better. This is because you do not want to be doing trial and error on your skin and end up worse off than where you began.
- Perform regular cleanses: One of the keys to glowing skin is cleansing your skin by thoroughly and completely removing oil, dirt, and pollution particles that clog your pores and can cause dullness. To mitigate this, wash your face twice daily with a small amount of cleanser rubbing in circular motions, from the inside of your face to the outside. You can also try to do a deep cleanse once a week with a face wash and a facial cleansing brush. This will help to create a clean canvas for you to work with.
- Exfoliate regularly: Exfoliating your skin is one of the guaranteed ways to help you achieve glowing skin. You can apply a face scrub two to three times a week. Alternatively, you can use a face peel once a week if your skin is dry or sensitive and three times a week for other skin types.
- wearear sunscreen: To prevent your skin from ageing and skin cancer, it is advised that you should wear sunscreen with an SPF of 15 and above. Applying sunscreen daily will protect your skin from the harmful UV rays that would otherwise start the process of skin ageing. This means that even when it’s raining or the sky is overcast, you should wear sunscreen. You can purchase a lightweight sunscreen that does not leave you with a white cast.
- Moisturize: If you want dull and tired-looking skin, skip the moisturizer. However, if you want glowing skin, you should be hydrating your skin. It has been proven that water-based moisturizers are more hydrating than oil-based moisturizers.
- Drink water: It has been proven that water is a factor that contributes to healthy skin. Aim for 8-10 cups of water every day for maximum results. Drinking water helps to regenerate your skin cells and will have you looking your best. If you do not like to drink water, you can drink fruit-infused water, flavoured water, tea, or coffee.
- Consult a dermatologist: If or when you feel like the situation with your skin is getting out of hand or out of your control, then you should consider calling a dermatologist. If you are unsure of what products to use or what your routine should look like, then speak to your dermatologist to help you establish a routine that will be beneficial to you.
Your face is your brand and you should take care of your skin every day. If you follow these tips you can be guaranteed smoother and healthier skin than you have ever had. Taking care of your skin should be a priority for you every single day to make sure that you maintain your healthy and natural glow.
Lauder Cosmetics produces organic skincare products formulated to give your skin the best care and the healthy natural glow it should have.