An engagement is always very exciting news for friends and family. However, planning a bridal shower can be daunting, especially when it’s your first rodeo. Figuring out what to do when planning might be intimidating especially when you have so many Pinterest images to look at. And we all know you want the best experience for your loved one. With these tips, let us see whether you cannot plan the best birthday shower that your loved one will enjoy:
- Ask a friend for help: One of the best ways to ensure that you plan the best bridal shower is to ask a friend or friends to co-host with you. Make sure that this friend is someone who also knows the bride well and can help you make adequate plans as well as create the guest list. Having co-hosts will make your bride-to-be feel loved as well as help you divide the expenses of planning the shower as opposed to planning it on your own.
- Add personalized touches: You want the bridal shower to have personalized elements that appeal to the bride-to-be. If for example your friend i.e. the bride-to-be loves flowers and vacations, you can re-create a tropical destination with decorations and costumes for the bridal shower. You should add touches of your friend’s favourite things to the shower. If you do not know or are not sure what theme to plan with, have a conversation with their close friends and family to help you make the plans.
- Create a budget: The best way to begin your planning journey is to create a budget. Budgeting will not only help you plan, but it will also help you prioritize what is important to you while you plan. So you know what you can afford and what to cut back on. Budgeting will also help you know what you can splurge on for your bride-to-be.
- Involve your guests: When you have made your guest list, reach out to your guests and request that they come with a story or toast to share. You can also tell them ahead to prepare for games or even collect suggestions from them. You can plan a surprise birthday shower and involve your guests in the surprise. Finally, you can create a cozy and intimate atmosphere for your guests to feel at home too.
- Add thoughtful elements: Think about things that the bride-to-be would truly enjoy and that would make her day. Add elements that the bride-to-be would absolutely love to have at their bridal shower. You can also suggest thoughtful gifts to your guests to bring with them to the bride as well as the games you can play.
- Create a menu of their favourites: when it comes to planning a great bridal shower, you must think about food. While you would like a diverse menu to serve up to your guests, you should also add foods that your bride-to-be will enjoy. Create a menu of foods that comprises the bride-to-be’s favourite foods.
- Party favours: Even though it is a special day for the bride-to-be, everyone else should be leaving the party with a little something special. Trickle the love down to each of your guests to take home to help everyone feel like they all shared in the love. Creating party favours for your guests is a great way to not only make them happy, but that will remind them of the upcoming nuptials or some sentimental event that occurred between them and the bride-to-be.
- Create a social hour for guests: You want your guests to not only have time to give to the bride-to-be but also socialize with each other. Allow your guests to have time to chat with each other so that your shower feels like a social event and not just a quick time to talk and go. Giving your guests a social hour helps those who know each other reconnect while those meeting for the first time can establish new connections with each other.
Planning and executing a bridal shower can seem like an uphill task for the planner or planners and while it can be a difficult thing to plan, it can be made easier with these few tips.