The age-old argument between men and women about who the better driver is will continue long past the time that you are gone from the Earth. Men have what they think are valid points. Women argue about their own opinions. There is no tangible way to tell if this woman is a better driver than that man from across the street. When you make the argument as a group, the facts tell the tale.
Sorry guys, but according to an in-depth study, Greenslips show that 54.5% of accidents are caused by men. Only 44.5% were caused by women. It can be argued until the end of time, but throughout history, the numbers have remained close to the same. Many reasons can be stated why this is the case.
- Motherly Instincts: Women have an ingrained instinct to protect the young. It does not matter if it is their children or someone else’s. Thoughts of keeping children safe are always at the front of their minds. If there are children in the car, it is even more likely that a female driver will take extra care from the take-off point to the destination. Motherly instincts are within all women, and men fall short.-mindsareatextra
- Attention Spans: Women have a much longer attention span than men do. Have you ever seen a couple trying to put a puzzle together? Women will focus on the task at hand until they are done. Men will give it a few seconds and then wander off to start a different project. The same can be said about driving. When on the road, women can focus on the task longer than men can. and? trying to then
- Own the Road-Men own the road, or so they think. It is a common thought among men that they need to “drive as if they own it.” The other people on the road around them do not matter so much, and they need to get out of their way. That is why when you sit down and compare car loans, you will see that men prefer bigger, more road-hogging vehicles than women do. –
- Women generally learn and follow the rules of the road better. Once something is set in their minds about a requirement that they must follow, nothing can take it away. This is not to say that some men out there are not safe and that they never follow the traffic laws. This is based on a large grouping of society and how facts from over the years have all shown a similar trend. onin
- Seatbelts: Seatbelts? Who needs to wear a seatbelt? Women are more apt to wear seatbelts, whether they are driving or not. Men have that wonderful male ego that allows them to think they are invincible. Women have a choice about whether they are the preservation of life that affects everything they do, so seatbelts are an automatic task when climbing into a car.
Statistics from all over the world show that men are more prone to drink and drive. They are also more likely to be distracted. Do you see that jacked-up truck over there? What about that souped-up Mustang? You get the point. Overall, women have been found to be better drivers than men. Because of this fact, insurance rates are lower when you have a man and a woman with the same driving record, background, and age.
Photo by Jan Baborák