Whenever you see yarn hearts hung on the window, you know that the season of love is here again. Yea, love is in the air. Yarn hearts are for children and adults and making one or some for valentine is a cool idea.
The craft idea wraps the yarn around a rustic floral wire that is shaped like a heart. You would agree that heart means love. Making a yarn heart is easy and the items are easy to get too. Here are the needed items;
- Rustic floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Clear tape
Once you have these items available, you are good to go with your craft. Here is the process;
- Use the wire cutter to cut the length of the floral wire. Twist both ends together to achieve a heart shape. This is the most difficult but best part of the job. Also, you would improve with more consistent practice.
- Once you are pleased with the shape of the heart, fix yarn to the different corners of the wire. Carefully wrap it across all sides. Begin this with ends and move across the floral wire
- Ensure it is firm to avoid no slack. Any slack can ruin your entire effort and make you start from scratch. Also, it won’t make your work come out beautifully.
- Cut enough yarn that you can sufficiently tie around the wire. Also, ensure there is enough yarn that you can use to make a loop for hanging.
- You can do as many as you desire to hang. Also, you do not have to be rigid with the colors.
- You can attach a valentine note for another person.
Camilla Fabbri is the author of the fantastic blog, Family Chic.
Read more on our blog!