Making a cereal box castle is not a far-fetch design. You can make it a project for kids at schools, homes, or during birthday parties. Since it is a DIY, it is easy to get the materials necessary for the design and make them into different designs.
Materials needed to make your cereal box castle
- Colored Tapes (Masking tapes, Duct tapes)
- 2 cracker or cereal boxes
- Hole punch
- 1 yard of string or yard
It is easy to make the toy design and any child from age 7 or beyond should be able to make their version of the cereal box castle. In less than 20 minutes, you would have created your version. Here is a step-by-step process to make yours.
- Remove the flaps at the top of the box
- Remove each side and fold into a drawbridge
- Make a hole at the top right and left corners (front and back)
- Put the string or yarn through the hole such that it comes to the front from the back
- Tie each end and leave space for the front to open
- Cut the back and front from another box
- Create the turret following these processes
- Carve a pattern on a side of each piece
- Wrap each to form a cylinder and use the tape along its seam
- Get colorful paints, tape, and colored paper to decorate the bridge and turrets
- Decorate the inner part.
Your detail is dependent on the level of creativity you desire.
Read more on our blog!
Curious Jane, founded by contributor Samantha Razook Murphy, offers project-based after-school programs and summer camps, revolving around creativity in the arts and sciences.