With the cold seeming like it’s about to drag on forever, it might weigh down on your spirit sometimes to go outside. After all, winter is only fun for the holidays and once that’s done, it just feels like an endless cold. However, you should not get weighed down because spring is on its way!
With spring comes a refresh and light airiness. You want to keep up with this refresh by doing things like re-arranging or cleaning your space and transitioning your wardrobe. Did you know that you could also transition your beauty routine and even your makeup? In this post, we will discuss all these ways to transition yourself into spring without looking like an amateur.
Transition Your Fashion
With the cold weather still lingering, we almost need to refresh our wardrobes as it changes. However, because it is still cold it is an almost agonizing choice to think about how to change your wardrobe to suit the weather that is not so cold, but not quite warm. Let’s see how to transition your fashion without breaking your bank:
- Wear your white clothing: Wearing white clothing is usually frowned upon after labor day, but have no fear. You can totally wear all your white clothes when transitioning into spring. An all-white outfit will also make you look fantastic to welcome spring.
- Wear bright colours: Spring is the time when you take off your dark coloured dreary clothes from the winter season and put on some colour. You can swap your dark coats for lighter and brighter coloured coats to lift up the mood for the warmer weather.
- Explore the skirt and sweater trend: You want to stay warm, but you do not want to be too warm, and at the same time, you are trying to transition into a spring wardrobe. Instead of stressing out about what to wear put on a skirt and add a winter sweater to your outfit. This will give you a stylish yet springtime look.
- Swap wool for silk: with the days getting slightly warmer, a wool scarf will not only get too warm but will also become too bulky for a spring outfit. What you should do is take off your wool scarf and swap it out for a silk scarf. Silk elevates your style and makes you look more expensive. Swapping wool for silk instants screams “spring” to everyone that sees you.
Transition Your Beauty Routine
Adjusting your beauty or skincare routine for the spring is usually very simple. During the winter months, you opt for more moisturizers and less sunscreen because of the weather conditions. However, in spring, it might help to add or change some products in your routine to give your skin the love and care it needs to flourish in the spring.
- Use a gentler exfoliator: It is important when you are coming out of the very cold winter months to exfoliate often. This is because the winter would have left your skin dry and rough. However, instead of using your rougher exfoliators, opt for the gentler exfoliators especially those containing small amounts of glycolic acid.
- Sunscreen: In the wintertime, most people stay indoors so it is mostly okay to only use skincare products with some SPF added. For the spring, however, you want to protect your skin from the UV rays to avoid premature skin ageing. Ensure that you get a sunscreen containing at least SPF 50 for maximum effect. Also, opt for a lightweight sunscreen that will not give you a white cast.
- Spring clean your makeup collection: You should always clear out your makeup and skincare collection. Sort out which of your make-up is old, expired, or finished. Check your makeup and skincare for expiry dates, and throw out any that have expired, as well as any you have had for long periods of time. Old or expired makeup and skincare are bad for your skin, so you should be throwing them away not putting them on your skin.
- Opt for water-based moisturizers: with the warmer weather, you might want to skip your moisturizer because they make you feel oily. So instead, opt for water-based moisturizers that will leave your skin hydrated but not oily.
Transition your makeup
Changing seasons comes with changing trends including makeup. Transition into spring makeup would mean more colour and shimmer.
You can explore coloured eyeshadows as well as brighter shades of lipstick. Choose a gold pop for highlight or vibrant hues on your eyes. You can play with pops of colour to brighten up your look for spring.
Transitioning your look for spring is easy and quick when you have an easy guide. With spring coming, explore colourful outfits and makeup to refresh your look and skincare products to keep you looking fresh for the new season.