Few things are as pleasurable as the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Add coffee and quinoa to the mix and its pure heaven! The strong aromatic flavor of coffee and the burst of fiber in quinoa takes these cookies to a whole “nother” level. Want to eat some guilt-free cookies packed with healthy nutrients? Try this recipe and you will be hooked for life.
The fan-freaking-tastic combination of chocolate chips, quinoa and coffee is nothing short of decadent and “yummilicious” (delicious sounds average and doesn’t do it justice). This chocolatey and coffee goodness is best served with a cup of tea or coffee. Heck, eating them alone can take you to cloud nine. Without further ado, let’s get into the baking action!
2 cups all-purpose flour
I teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
I cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup grounded coffee beans
I cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup light cream
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix butter and brown sugar with a mixer until a smooth consistency is achieved. Beat an egg into the butter and brown sugar mixture. Beat the second egg slowly into the mixture along with a few drops of vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture until it forms a batter.
- Fold chocolate chips, quinoa flakes, coffee and cream into the batter until it is evenly distributed.
- Knead or roll dough into sizeable balls and arrange on the lined baking sheet (leave at least 2 inches between one cookie ball and another).
- Bake the balls in preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until they turn light brown. Cool cookies on pan for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to complete the cooling process.
- Serve with tea, coffee, or seal in a bag and refrigerate!