They say that breakfast is the most important thing in their daily lives and should be eaten as Kings. However, as is true of this, not every morning you will be able to celebrate a king’s feast. And you do not have to, because as you continue to learn, you will find amazing beauty lying in something easy to make, but also an equally satisfying breakfast recipe, Cakes!
My friend Eric is famous for his wonderful Dutch Baby, which is a cross between a cake and a popover. She does this for her children on the weekends and gets high scores from her family and spectators. You have found a recipe on GQ, though the one below is from the React-Create blog.
Dutch ITEMS (make one):
• 50 grams of butter.
• 2 large eggs.
• 1/2 cup of milk.
• 1/2 cup pure flour for the whole purpose.
• 1/4 teaspoon good quality salt.
• 1 teaspoon of raw sugar.
• A little bit of nutmeg or – even better – Madagascar powdered vanilla.
• New lemons.
• Powdered sugar (Wholesome Sweeteners makes organic infants).
• Preheat your oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
• Beat eggs, milk, sugar, and salt until uniform. Mix the flour with the nuts – or vanilla – until the mixture is a smooth batter.
• Put butter in a 9 ″ or 10 ″ cast iron skillet (or a pyrex pie plate of equal size) and place in the oven. Leave for 3-4 minutes for the skillet to heat up and the butter to melt.
• Remove from the oven and pour in the dough. Place in the oven in the middle rack (you need a head area as the pancake will be very high) and allow to cook for 18-20 minutes.
• Remove from oven, plate, and powdered sugar. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over Dutch Baby and give him hell.
Read more on our blog