It’s Christmas season once again and you want that means, time to bring up the old Christmas tree from the basement. Every year, we spend time with the family decorating Christmas trees, and not just the trees, the entire household is lit up with glittery ornaments and garlands as we celebrate the best season of the year.
It’s that time of the year when you pour yourself a glass of hot apple cider, arrange your crafting supplies, and get in the holiday spirit by making some homemade ornaments. You can find teeny felt mittens, dried oranges, and pieces made from well-loved vintage pieces (like mattress springs and blocks!), and lots of other ideas that’ll suit any style.
Out of ideas? Looking for the easiest yet glittering styles? Well, you’re in luck as we’ve brought to you the best ideas to give your Christmas tree and home a jolly makeover.
- Popsicle Stick Snowflake Ornaments. Inspired by traditional Scandinavian straw ornaments, these kid-friendly creations call for popsicle sticks, embroidery thread, and paint.
- Snowflake Ornament: If you love making crafts on your Cricut, use this innovative cutting machine to create your own snowflake ornaments. hang them onto your tree for the most elegant holiday decoration ever.
- Colorful Rhinestone Ornaments: Here’s an easy way to add a pop of color (and some sparkle) to your clear plastic baubles: Just attach colorful rhinestones and a ribbon.
- Gold Marbled Ornaments: Because there’s nothing like gorgeous marbled gold to add some sophistication to your Christmas tree.
- Sparkling Angel Ornament: Because angels are more than just tree toppers. Add a few of these sparklers to keep a watchful eye (over your presents, of course).
While these creative Christmas craft ideas range in skill level and price point, most of them are affordable and made with things you have around the house, including kitchen twine, yarn and rogue pine needles.
Another decorative addition is the God’s Eye made from sticks and raffia and instructions can be gotten from Family Chic by Camilla Fabbri
Read more on our blog