If I didn’t know that September was here by the first-day-of-school butterflies, the sudden, almost primal urge to re-organize my bulletin board, or the to-do list spinning through my brain like a slot machine at 3am, I’d know it by looking at my DALS email inbox. Help! You all write. I need quick dinner ideas for the back-to-school scramble. I started replying one by one, but then I thought almost everyone out there would be interested in my suggestions. So here they are, in no particular order.
1. Spicy Shrimp with Yogurt I’m making this tonight.
2. Pretzel Chicken Courtesy of City Bakery.
3. Breakfast Burritos For Dinner!
4. Pork Chops with Kale A Bugiali favorite.
5. Angel Hair with Corn and Bacon Your window for sweet summer corn is about to shut — take advantage of the fresh ears as much as possible!
6. Avgolemeno Insane how creamy this lemony Greek soup tastes — without using any cream at all.
7. Salmon with Yogurt-Mustard-Dill Sauce Superfast, superhealthy.
8. Beans on Toast Open a can, you’re done.
9. Turkey Sloppy Joes with Melted Cheddar For nostalgia night.
10. Fettucini with Caramelized Onions, Spinach, and Parmesan This is the “Stairway to Heaven” of Dinners. It always makes whatever list I’m compiling. But I promise it’s more satisfying.
From Dinner a Love Story